The department of zoology came into existence since the inception of the college in 1981. Post Graduate studies in the subject were introduced in 2006 under the self finance scheme
Shri. Balram Kurrey
M. Sc., MP SLET-2000
Experience – 06 years
Email :- email@example.com
Shri Sunil Patel
Assistant Professor (Self Finance)
Experience – 01 years
Mob. – 09174748621
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Subhadra Soni
Assistant Professor (Self Finanace)
Experience – 01 years
Mob. – 8319941667, 9752673649
Email :- email@example.com
Students Strength 2018-19
Students Strength 2017-18
- PG Library of the department contains 485 books and 34 research journals.
- Notes on various topics are available in the departmental library.
- Books related to competitive exams are also available.
- Laboratory for UG and PG students.
- Online content made available through various MHRD schemes.
- Teaching and learning through smart class.
- Facilities in department: Electronic visualizer, LCD projector, Automatic slide projector, OHP for presentation, Departmental library, Computer and printer, research microscope, binocular microscope, compound microscope, spectrophotometer, colorimeter, electronic PH meter, thin layer chromatography, kymograph, centrifuge, Soil testing kit, water bath.
PARTICIPATION IN SPORTS AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIES UMANG 2017-18
UNIVERSITY LEVEL CHESS COMPITION WINNER
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
BEST PRACTICES EDUCATIONAL VISIT
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
LECTURE BY SUBJECT EXPERT
- Department conducts seminar, intra class group discussion, internal assessment (unit test), educational tour for UG and PG classes.
- Conducted lecture by subject expert, resource person Dr. A.K.Dixit govt. ERR science pg college Bilaspur and Dr. Hema Kulkarni govt. science pg college Durg (C.G). These programmes are organised under zoological association.
- Student of M.Sc. zoology 4th semester involved one day workshop on research and methodology.
- Department enhance to students for e-learning and provide dept. library.
- Visited silk center Katghora and fisheries center Khutaghat (BSP).
- Visited zoo, Kanan Pendari Bilaspur.
- Visited silk center kosabadi korba.
- Project work on effect of toxin/toxic chemical on Clarias batrachus fish (like :- Moratality rate estimation and hematological tests)
- Constitute zoological association every year for PG student. Organize several programme and activities under association.
- Conducted food stall by students of M.Sc. ZOOLOGY 2nd and 4th semester on during annual sports meet and UMANG programme.
(ZOOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION INAGURATION & GO GREEN MISSION)
PARTICIPATION IN PAKWAN UTSAV UMANG 2017-18
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Balram Kurrey, Asst. Professor, Zoology has been working as district co-ordinator of SVEEP plan at college level and got award two times (2017 and 2018) as best SVEEP nodal officer in the Korba district, Award is given by collector of Korba.
- Asha Pandey and Ku. Rashmi Pandey are the student of M.Sc. zoology semester 2nd, they have participated in chess at university level and achieved prize.
- Raipreet Kaur was a student of M.Sc. final zoology in 2017 she passed out with 78.3% marks.
- Many student of M.Sc. 4th semester participated in the annual exam as invigilator.
- Sunil Patel achieved first price in three leg race, aedi race and second price in sac race and third price in skipping.
- Miss Subhadra Soni achieved first price in lemon spoon race and second price in three leg race.