The department of mathematics came into existence since the inception of the college in 1981. Post graduate studies in the subject were introduced in 2006 under the self finance scheme.
Smt. Pratibha Pundlik
Expirence – 34 years
Arvind Kumar Sahu
Asst. Prof. (Self Finance)
Mob. – 9981322948
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Students Strength 2018-19
Students Strength 2017-18
- PG Library of the department contains 297 books
- Notes on various topics are available the departmental library.
- Books related to competitive exams are also available.
- Computer lab facility for practical work (For PG students).
- Online content made available through various MHRD schemes.
- Teaching and learning through smart class.
- 1.5 lakhs online mathematical reviews (MATHSICNET) available through INFLIBNET facility for researchers.
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Class room seminars.
- Teacher’s day celebration.
- Ramanujan day celebration.
- Participation in UMANG 2017-18 (Refreshment Stall)
- Participation skill development foundation course of TISS.
- Participation in the One day workshop and seminar organized by IQAC.
- SEMINAR – PG STUDENTS
TEACHERS DAY CELEBRATION
CELEBRATION OF RAMANUJAN DAY
In honour of the great mathematician Ramanujan, 22nd December is declared as National Mathematics Day. Students of the mathematics department paid their respect to the great mathematician by paying homage to him. Mahendra Kumar Das, Shalini Gavel, Krishnakant Khande and Rahul Shrivas expressed their views in forms of Power Point Presentation. Soumya Mishra and Suraj Kumar Chouhan also participated in this event.
PARTICIPATION IN SPORTS AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIES UMANG 2017-18
PARTICIPATION IN PAKWAN UTSAV UMANG 2017-18
PARTICIPATION IN SKILL DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION COURSE BY TISS
PARTICIPATION IN THE ONE DAY SEMINAR ON RESEARCH INITIATIVES AND ASPECTS ORGANIZED BY IQAC.
PARTICIPATION IN THE ONE DAY SEMINAR ON RESEARCH INITIATIVES AND ASPECTS ORGANIZED BY IQAC
Bharti Rajwade, Supriya Khande, Pooja Karsh and Ram Bai Rathiva were awarded the first prize for the presentation “Effect of Industrialisation on Hasdev River Water”.
Somnath Chandra, Shweta Singh and Prem Raj Banjare were awarded the second prize for their presentation “Effect of Industriliasation on Forests of Korba Region”
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- State resource person of FIIT Mumbai’s spoken tutorial project (Central Government scheme of MHRD)
- Provided training to Prof/Asst. Prof of the college for use of ICT facilities in the smart class room.
- SCERT, Govt. of Chhattisgarh organized training program for school teachers of the state(from 5 to 22 July 2017) to train them on NCERT mathematics course and provide concepts. Trained around 1600 Govt. High School Teacher, Letter of Appreciation given by the director of SCERT.
- Speaker person for the one day workshop organized on Spoken tutorials at Bilaspur University in 18th July 2017.
- Concept of workshop “Skill Development through e-learning” submitted and key note address given in the workshop as a resource person (12th August 2018).
- Participated the workshop on “Online e-content Development” at Bilaspur University on 22.01.2018.
- Participated in the selection trials for state level cricket/carom board and chess.
- Represented the Department of Higher education team at district level cricket tournament organised by the collectorate.
- Represented state carom team in all India level civil services carom tournament organized in Chennai.
- Resource person of Govt. Naveen College Kharora. (lectures provided on MHRD schemes)
- Participated in “RUSA PFMS state level workshop” organized by the Department of Higher education govt. of Chhattisgarh at Raipur.
- Resource person of One day workshop on research initiatives and aspects” organized by IQAC in the College.
- 07 days training given to TISS participants on personality development and communication skill.
Smt. P. Pundlik
- As judge for the cluster level science exhibition of Kendriya Vidyalayas at KV – 2 NTPC, Korba
- Attended the meeting at Pandit Sundarlal Sharma Open University Bilaspur as co-ordinator study center Korba.
Shri. R.G. Khunte
- Won first prize in frog race at the college level sports organised on 19.01.2018
- Represented the higher education team at district level cricket tournament organised by the collectorate.