The Department of English came into existence since the inception of the college in 1981. Post graduate studies in the subject were introduced in 2006 under the self finance scheme and Research centre for doctoral studies was set up in 2016. The English Club is an activity based club where students enjoy interactive sessions to remove their hesitation in speaking and improve communicative skills. The language lab is used for teaching of correct pronunciation in English. The department also conducts seminars and interdepartmental lecture series for the PG students. Internship programmes for the PG students is an important activity.
Smt. Shivani pundlik
Experience – 29 years
Mob. – 9893787461
Asst. Prof. (Self Finance )
Mob. – 8103849131
Email :- email@example.com
Students Strength 2018-19
Students Strength 2017-18
- The Department has a rich library of more than 500 books including research journals.
- The English lab is equipped with 20 student consoles for spoken English and a multimedia projector for Power Point Presentations of projects and seminar papers.
- Facility of screening of films, plays and video clips related to the syllabus is also available.
- Students are provided with printed study material.
- The lab is provided with internet facility to enable the students for access to e-resources.
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
One Day Seminar on Research “Initiatives and Aspect”
Internship programme at “The HITAVADA”
Interdepartmental Lecture Series for M.A.IV Sem.
Activities of English Club
Food Stall at Anand Mela
ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- G. students are encouraged to handle the departmental library and give lectures to their juniors on select topics.
- Participative leadership is highly encouraged by conducting various activities and presentations.
- Kratika Tiwari and Vijesh Das of M.A IV Semester were appointed as Student Representatives in the Editorial Board of the Annual Magazine ‘URJA’.
- Students of both the semesters are enrolled in the Flagship Programme of NUSSD – TISS, Mumbai organised in the College.
- Kratika Tiwari and Nisha Singh of M.A. IV Semester are Active Student Volunteers of the ‘Divyang Cell’ of the College.
- Jyotsana Sahu and Mahershwari Ogre of M.A. IV Semester have participated in the University Annual Exams as Invigilators.
- Students of both the semesters had organised a stall in the ‘Anand Mela’ as part of the Annual Function UMANG 2018.
- Mamta Dewangan of M.A. II Semester actively participated in NSS activities.
- All students of IV Semester gave Power Point Presentations in the District Level One Day Seminar on “Research Initiatives and Aspects” organised in April 2018.
- Students of M.A IV semester availed great benefits from Inter-Departmental Lectures by professors of Hindi and Sanskrit for the Paper – ‘Literature in Translation’.
- Students of both II and IV semesters participated in a 10 day internship and training programme at “The Hitavada” in April 2018 and were given certificates of completion.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF FACULTY MEMBERS
- Shivani Pundlik, Head of the Department is the Chairman of the Board of Studies, English in Bilaspur University. She is also Coordinator of IQAC, Divyang Cell and head of the editorial board of the college magazine ‘URJA’ and newsletter MIRROR. She is the Master Trainer for English Communication (EC) in NUSSD/TISS Flagship programme in the college.
- M. L. Agrawal is the Co-ordinator of UGC Committee of the college. She is a prolific writer and has attended and chaired National Seminars at Raipur. She is also on the Editorial Board of the college magazine ‘URJA’.