The department was established in the year 1981 since the inception of the college. Post graduate classes started from 1986 with 10 seats. This department is well equipped with ICT tools and students are well aware of these. There is a rich library which contains books for both U.G. and P.G. classes. There are separate laboratories for the U.G. and P.G. students. Lectures, Seminars, Assignments and Group discussion are some of the methods of teaching.
Smt. Alka Shrivastava
Experience – 36 years
Mob. – 9009918674,9827917081
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Smt. Kundan Anand
M. Sc., M.Phil
Experience – 06 years
Email :- email@example.com
M. Sc., SET
Students Strength 2018-19
Students Strength 2017-18
- PG Library of the department contains 563 books (Inorganic – 195, Organic – 116, Physical – 227, Miscellaneous – 25)
- Equipment of Chemistry department is :-
- PH Meter,
- Nephelo turbidity meter,
- Water Bath,
- Chemical balance,
- Electronic weighing machine,
- Electric Oven,
- Conductivity meter.
- Notes on various topics are available in the departmental library.
- Books related to competitive exams are also available.
- Computer lab facility for practical work (For PG students).
- Online content made available through various MHRD schemes.
- Teaching and learning through smart class.
- Teaching with the help of Molecular Models.
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Class room seminars.
- Formation of Chemical association
- Teacher’s day celebration.
- Participation in UMANG 2017-18 (Refreshment Stall)
- Participation skill development foundation course of TISS.
- Participation in the One day workshop and seminar organized by IQAC.
- FAREWELL TO DR. CHANDANA BOSE AFTER HER TRANSFER BY THE STUDENTS AND STAFF ON 26.08.2017
Inauguration of chemical association and welcome party organised for 1st semester students by 3rd semester students on 09.09.2017.
Participation in pakwan utsav umang 2017-18
Participation in skill development foundation course by tiss
Participation in the one day seminar on research initiatives and aspects organized by iqac.
Plantation on occasion of world earth day
Lecture deleivered on symmetry organised by chemical association.
Shri. A.K.Sinha on 26.02.2018
Dr. M.M.Vaishan on 28.02.2018
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
1. Selection in NET –
a. Mr. Raj Kumar Rathore
2. Selection in SET –
a. Dr. Shreni Dewangan
b. Mr. Raj Kumar Rathore
c. Anju Lata Rathore
Job Selection –
1. Dr. Shreni Dewangan – Asst Prof., Govt. Minimata Girls College Korba (Selection Through PSC)
2. Raj Kumar Rathore – Asst Prof., Govt. E. V. P. G. College, Korba (Selection Trough PSC)
3. Bhavbhuti Prasad – Lab Assistant (IGNTU, Amarkantak)