The department of Botany came into existence since the inception of the college in 1981. Under graduate and Post graduate studies in the subject were introduced in under the college.
Dr. (Smt.) R.B.Sharma
M. Sc., M. Phil, Ph.D.
Experience – 33 years
Mob. – 942414403
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Sandeep Shukla
M. Sc.(Gold.), SLET, Ph.D
Experience – 18 Years
Email :- email@example.com
Shri. Sushil Kumar Agrawal
M. Sc., SLET
Experience – 13 years
Mob. – 9098401850
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Students Strength 2018-19
Students Strength 2017-18
- PG Library of the department contains 530 books and 03 no. of Journals.
- Notes on various topics are available the departmental library.
- Books related to competitive exams are also available.
- Smart room available for seminar of different topic (For PG students).
- Online content made available through various MHRD schemes.
- Teaching and learning through smart class.
- Student participation in NCC/NSS/Sports/Any other: Students of the department actively participated in NCC/NSS/Sports activates.
- Academic/Association activities : Botanical association organised expert lectures, different activities in botanical garden and eco club.
- Major equipment of botany department : pH Meter Digital -01, Table top Mono-pan balance- 02, Electric balance-01, Binocular, Trinocular- 03+04=07, Spectrophotometer-01, Vertex Shaker-01, Autoclave Vertical-04, Hot air oven-2, Centrifuge-02, Distillation Unit-02, Laminar Air Flow-01, Incubator-01, Compound microscope-110, Dissecting microscope-93, Monocular microscope-10, Electrophoresis-01
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Class room seminars.
- Teacher’s day celebration.
- Participation in UMANG 2017-18 (Refreshment Stall)
- Participation skill development foundation course of TISS.
- Participation in the One day workshop and seminar organized by IQAC.
Participation in sports and cultural activities umang 2017-18
Participation in pakwan utsav umang 2017-18
Guest lectures for the guest faculty in different college
Participation in science day celebration and eco club activity in botanical garden
Science day celebration
Eco-club activity in botanical garden
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- One students of the department qualified for CSIR-NET and on qualified for C.G.SLET.
- Frequent field visits were made to provide information about the local vegetation.
- Sandeep Shukla delivered expert lecture in seminar organized by IQAC.
- Sandeep Shukla represented Higher Education Department cricket team in District level interdepartmental cricket tournament.
- Students of M.Sc. Botany IV Semester received second prize in district level research seminar.